Pet Nutrition Counseling
Choosing the Right Diet for Your Dog or Cat
Today’s pet foods are as diverse as dog breeds and categorized not only according to age group but also overall condition. This means there are specialized diets for pets with diabetes, urinary tract issues, allergies, heart disease, and more. Because there are so many different foods, choosing the right one can be overwhelming. Our team can make it much easier for you! We’ll be able to assess your pet and point you in the right direction based on what we know about their health and needs.
How to Prevent Unhealthy Eating Habits
We love our pets, and one of the most common ways to show this is to indulge them with treats and table handouts. Unfortunately, this can lead to bad habits, and your pet will likely gain weight!
Here are some tips to prevent bad habits:
- Don’t feed your pet a steady stream of treats throughout the day.
- Avoid giving your pet table scraps; you should discourage begging altogether.
- Feed your pet their meals at the same time each day.
- Measure out your pet’s meals based on what your veterinarian recommends.
- Do not leave food sitting out all day (if you have a cat).
- Try using a food puzzle to make mealtime more engaging for your pet while preventing them from overeating too quickly.
- When in doubt, ask your veterinarian for suggestions!