Emergency Vet Care for Dogs and Cats in Adrian, MI
If your pet is sick or injured and needs immediate attention, we can provide emergency vet care during our regular office hours. Our team will do everything possible to stabilize your pet and figure out the next steps to their recovery.
What’s an Pet Emergency in Adrian MI?
Dogs and cats are known for hiding their symptoms, so it isn’t always easy to tell if something is wrong. Here are some of the most common signs/situations that require emergency care in Adrian MI.
- Difficulty breathing
- Bleeding uncontrollably
- Bleeding from nose, ears, or mouth
- Blood in stool or urine
- Vomiting/diarrhea for 24 hours or longer
- Blood in stool/vomit
- No eating or drinking for at least 24 hours
- Straining to urinate/defecate
- Abdomen feels hard and bloated
- Pressing head against the wall
- Unable to walk or stand
- Ingested a known toxin
- Encountered/attacked by a wild animal
- Laceration, puncture/bite wound, burn injury
- Suffered blunt trauma from a collision or fall
- Ears and nose feel unusually warm (can indicate fever)
Don’t hesitate to call Kelly Veterinary Clinic or Veterinary Emergency Center if your pet is in urgent need of care.