Pet In-house Diagnostics
The Importance of Laboratory Testing
Healthy adult dogs and cats should undergo blood and fecal testing at least once a year. This testing allows us to evaluate your pet for subtle changes and potential issues, such as parasites or abnormal blood cell counts. Testing helps our team see below the surface to ensure your pet is truly healthy. If we detect a problem, we can address it that day.
At Kelly Veterinary Clinic, we offer testing for dogs and cats of all ages. We also provide pre-anesthetic blood testing to ensure patients are healthy before surgery.
To evaluate dogs and cats for issues related to the bones, joints, heart, lungs, and urinary systems, we often turn to our digital X-ray equipment to obtain the necessary information. Digital X-ray outclasses traditional film X-ray in many ways:
- Uses significantly less radiation
- Does not require developer fluid and unwieldy trays that add extra time to the procedure
- Allows us to produce sharper, higher-contrast X-ray images
- Requires less time positioning your pet, making for a less stressful experience
- X-ray image files can be saved and sent via email to outside specialists in seconds
We’re incredibly pleased to be able to offer ultrasounds in our hospital. This non-invasive procedure uses the latest technology to help us examine your pet’s heart and abdominal organs in real time. Ultrasounds provide a clear and detailed picture of the soft tissue organs and blood vessels. We can also use this tool for pregnancy exams and cardiac ultrasounds.