The Importance of Wellness Exams
Wellness exams and vaccinations are central to your dog or cat’s healthcare and can help them stay protected against many illnesses. From your very first visit, our veterinarians in Adrian will maintain your pet’s medical history and offer recommendations to keep them in good health for the long term.
Pet Wellness Exams
We share your concerns about giving your companion the best life possible, which is why we like to see them annually for a general checkup and any immunizations they need. With routine checkups, we can screen for and detect underlying problems much more accessible.
What to Expect from Your Pet’s Exam
Like people, dogs and cats have the best chance at a long and healthy life when they see their veterinarian for regular checkups. We cover a lot of ground during these checkups, which include:
- A thorough physical exam and an assessment of your pet’s vitals
- Blood and fecal testing to screen for disease, internal parasites, and other issues
- Core and lifestyle vaccinations, if needed
- A discussion about your pet’s nutrition, behavior, and anything else of concern
- Deworming for puppies and kittens, if needed
- Prescribing flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
Our Puppy and Kitten Wellness Packages
Puppies and kittens need quite a bit of care to build up their immunity to illness and treat any existing parasites they have. To make it easier for pet parents to manage their pet’s needs at this early stage, we offer wellness packages that include:
- A comprehensive physical exam
- Internal parasite testing
- Heartworm and flea control
- A vaccination program
- Spaying and neutering
Below are all of the veterinary services we offer at Kelly Veterinary Clinic. If you have any questions regarding our services, please feel free to call us.