Providing Spay and Neuter Surgeries forDogs and Cats
Spay and neuter surgeries are crucial for dogs and cats. Spaying and neutering can help prevent overpopulation and various diseases that could develop later.
Pet Spay and Neuter
Spaying and neutering are essential to companion animal development, benefiting the health of individual pets and helping to prevent unwanted litters and overcrowding in animal shelters. At Kelly Veterinary Clinic in Adrian, MI, we’re committed to making our community a better place while giving dogs and cats a chance to live longer and happier lives.
How Spay and Neuter Surgeries Benefit Dogs and Cats
While it might seem easy to prevent your dog or cat from getting pregnant without spaying, females and males can suffer from various health and behavioral problems caused by their sex hormones. Spaying and neutering can reduce or eliminate these problems.
- Are less likely to roam in search of a mate, which can put their safety at risk
- Are no longer at risk of becoming pregnant
- Will not go into heat or have to deal with overly-interested males
- Are less at risk for mammary gland tumors
- Will not be at risk for ovarian or uterine cancers and infection of the uterus called pyometra
- Are less likely to roam in search of a mate, which could put their safety at risk
- Are no longer at risk of impregnating another dog/cat
- Will not become agitated around females in heat
- Will be far less likely to spray urine to mark their territory or try to mount other dogs/cats
- Are less likely to be aggressive
- Will not be at risk for testicular cancer
Is Spaying/Neutering Expensive?
We invite you to call us directly so we can provide you with an estimate for the cost of your pet’s surgery, which includes anesthesia, monitoring, and pain management. When we step back and evaluate the overall cost of spay/neuter surgery, it’s pretty small compared to the prices you would incur for caring for a pregnant dog/cat and its litter. Additionally, pets that develop reproductive cancer later in life will likely have to undergo costly treatments–much more expensive than the one-time spay or neuter procedure.
Below are all of the veterinary services we offer at Kelly Veterinary Clinic. If you have any questions regarding our services, please feel free to call us.